A collection of news from around the Payment's Industry:
- Mercantec Joins TrialPay Network to Help Online Merchants Turn Browsers Into Buyers
- Visa's New Rules Affect All Companies that Accept Payment Cards
- RentPayment’s Automated Rent Collection Process Keeps AvalonBay on Top
- Webinar - Nov. 7: Reducing the Hidden Costs of Remote Deposit Capture and Branch/Teller Capture, While Improving Customer Experience
- Boston Globe: Visa fines bank $880,000 after losses in TJX breach
- Heartland Payment Systems Selects OTI Contactless Payment Solution to Deploy New Student Payment Card
- Business Week: Gift Cards with a Personal Touch
- Obopay India To Close $10 Million In Funding
- Debit cards require caution
- TSYS prepares for new era
- Metavante Announces Its Board of Directors
From Digital Transaction News
Here are the latest stories from Digital Transactions News:www.digitalpaymentsnews.net
It's Official: Synovus Will Spin off Processor TSYS in $600 Million Deal
Capping months of planning, bank-holding company Synovus Financial Corp. confirmed Thursday afternoon that it would spin off its entire 80.8% interest in payment card processor Total System Services...
Sources reached by Digital Transactions News aren’t surprised at the news that the number of credit and debit card accounts affected in the TJX Cos. breach has doubled, as disclosed by court filings...
Phishing Takes a Break As Attacks, Hosting Sites Slip in July
The crime of phishing entered midsummer doldrums, offering some relief to financial institutions, merchants, and other organizations engaged in e-commerce, according to the latest report from the...
With a Grip on Costs, TSYS Continues Its Post-BofA Recovery
Bolstered by cost controls and its growing international business, payment processor Total System Services Inc. (TSYS) on Monday reported profits rose nearly 27% on a revenue increase of not quite...
By Arming Consumers, a Startup Hopes to Cut Down on ID Fraud
In a sign of how the problem of identity fraud is spawning new businesses, a La Jolla, Calif.-based startup announced on Tuesday a free service allowing consumers to determine which pieces of junk...
Eye on Earnings: Google Checkout Adds More Merchants
Google Inc. gave a progress report about its Google Checkout payment services launched in mid-2006 and processors and banks heavily involved in the payments business reported third-quarter earnings...
Third Time Could Be a Charm for BB&T in Mobile Banking
BB&T Corp. this week introduced a new mobile-banking service in which the Southeastern regional bank leaves little to chance. The bank will offer consumers three user interfaces for two-way...
Banks Begin to Use SVPCO to Handle Check Images for Client Banks
Some of the big banks that connect to the SVPCO Image Payments Network are starting to use the system to send and clear items electronically for other banks they serve in a move that could increase...
PayPal’s Strategy Bears Fruit As off-eBay Ratio Steadily Rises
PayPal Inc.’s efforts to lessen its dependence on transaction traffic supplied by the online auctions run by parent eBay Inc. are paying off. Some 44% of the $12.2 billion the San Jose, Calif.-based...